Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jamaa's Best Rare Item Mondays

Hey Jammers! It's come to my attention that for some reason, the "Trading Post" tab is not clickable on certain browsers. I can't find any way around it, aside from re-doing my tabs and maybe relocating some to a sidebar. Blahhhhh -_-

As there isn't much news today, I thought it might be fun to look at the best Rare Item Mondays throughout the years. It's been around 6 years... how many Mondays is that??? :0

This list mayyy be a little bit biased, as I'll mostly show you guys Nonmember items. But honestly, the best items are Nonmember. :P

So here are the coolest, most influential R.I.M.'s of Jamaa:


Here we have the Rare Scary Cat Hat– didn't I tell you I'd be biased? XD

This item was originally released without the 'Rare' icon back in 2010, and due to its popularity, was brought back as a R.I.M.

Which brings us to our next item...


Ah... the Rare Fox Hat. Anyone who's played Animal Jam for a few years understands the terrifying hype that surrounded this item. People might as well have been selling their kidneys on the black market just to get a taste of the glory that was the Rare Fox Hat.

Like the Scary Cat Hat, this item was also rereleased due to popularity. They are still moderately popular today, but meet nowhere near the obsession with Spiked Collars. 


There comes a time when you realize that most all Rare Item Mondays are disappointing re-colors and you stop checking the shops every week. I've fallen into this pattern, and in doing so I've avoided disappointment but I've also missed a few really interesting items, like the one above.

This came out last July– and I haven't seen it at all in Jamaa since. So while this item is not as influential, I think it's important to give it a lil spotlight. :D


I remember when the Rare Heart Locket came out... it was a cold day in Mt. Shiveer, mostly because the Hot Cocoa Hut was so crowded with crazy people that you couldn't go in. Why? Because the Rare Heart Locket had made a surprise appearance in the Shiveer Shoppe.

This is an item that has gotten some surprising popularity in recent years– probably because its one of the few R.I.M.'s that don't give you a seizure when you look at them. 


Next up, the Rare Cupcake Hat! It's one of the few Rare Item Mondays that was rereleased. Well... technically, all Rare Item Mondays are rereleased, as they can all be won in the Daily Spin. Hmm... :I

This item looks adorable on smaller animals, like seals and koalas. ^.^


This item isn't my favorite, but it definitely has the main marking of a good R.I.M.: originality. Not to say the nerd stereotype is original, but this item's design is unique as opposed to re-colored.

Now, last but not least, I present to you...


The Rare Guitar Rug: the best R.I.M. you've never heard of, because it was released in the Jam Sessions shop. On a Tuesday.

I guess what appeals most to me about this item is that it reminds me of the Juice Hut, or an older Jam-a-Gram:


Brb, adding this to my list of "Items That I Want But Cant Trade For Because No One Knows They Exist"

I hope you enjoyed this incredibly biased list of Jamaa's best Rare Item Mondays. Now, without further ado, it's time for...

~ Creature Feature ~

Unlike the past three featured creatures, today's special friend is a mammal– just like you! 

Let us welcome with open arms...


The Coati!!! :D

The coati is a relative of the raccoon, and like the raccoon, the coati lives in North America! Specifically Arizona and New Mexico. 


Coatis live together in tight-knit clans of mothers and children, while male coatis have been observed to live on their own past the age of 2– sounds young, but a 2-year old coati is equivalent to a 20 year old human. So, many human cultures are a lot like coati culture!

Also, recent studies have shown that time perception is proportional to an animal's size. 

Basically, the smaller you are, the slower time moves for you. In that way, a coati might experience 2 years like a human experiences 20 years! I wonder what that means for even smaller animals, like fruit flies... or bacteria...


White-nosed coatis are an endangered species, and they are protected as such in New Mexico. However, most coatis live in Arizona, where they are hunted recklessly by humans all year round– which is honestly messed up.

Keep the coati in your mind, and tell your friends about them. They need all the awareness they can get.

Thanks for reading, see you in Jamaa!

~DoomyPanda

2 comments:

  1. The good old unique and creative RIM"S. OH MY THAT COATI LOOKS SO INTERESTING:O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! More interesting animals to come soon ;D

      Delete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^