Friday, February 23, 2018

Rediscovering Jamaa: Epic Wonders

Hey Jammers! I still have not resolved the Trading Post problem, but in the meantime I've updated the Codes page with 49 working codes for 2018! I've also made the page a little easier to read~ ^_^

I've also updated the Blogroll, clearing out inactive blogs and adding a couple fresh ones. Sadly, there's not many still there... so I cleared out the comments section so it's easier for you guys to tell me about your own blogs. I need moooore!!!! >:O

I hope you appreciate those two lil updates. Go check 'em out. B)

Over in Jamaa, we have some new items that signify a coming change in seasons:

Both are rereleases, of course, the Clover Blanket being a little older.

Regardless, both of these items are a premonition that the snow of Jamaa will soon melt to reveal the green clovers of Spring. 

I predict this will happen... next update, March 1st! :D

As you can probably tell by the title of this post, the third installment in my little "Rediscovering Jamaa" post series will be about Epic Wonders, the 2nd most popular underrated room (according to my ongoing poll):


I don't blame you guys, Epic Wonders is amazing!!! Let's take some time to appreciate it, shall we? ^-^


Beneath the misty waterfall of Coral Canyons lies a mysterious cave...


A cave guarded by equally mysterious horses, carved out of the deep blue rock...


A cave where gold is just scattered haphazardly, as if it holds less value than you think...


A cave... called Epic Wonders. 

Welcome!


Out from the curtain of the waterfall, you will see the mysterious blue orb, spinning and glittering in a pool of mysterious water. 

The water is mysterious, so you better not go in. Who knows how deep it could go...


Luckily, you can still access its treasures from a safe distance. Above, you see the blue orb's only nonmember item and its member friends.

Funny story about these items: my old friend might have invented them.

I remember, sometime back in 2012 or 2013, my friend Jam-a-Grammed me to meet them in Epic Wonders. There, they ecstatically explained that a week or two after using the floating purple question mark to suggest AJHQ make gold, silver, and bronze bricks, they arrived in Epic Wonders!!

I don't think this friend plays Animal Jam anymore, but from that moment on they filled their den with bricks of bronze, silver, and gold.


Around the same time, birthstones and birth flowers started being released on a monthly basis, birth flowers in Treetop Gardens and birthstones here in Epic Wonders.

The birthstone for February is Amethyst, one of my favorite stones. I actually sleep with an amethyst under my pillow. XD 

Some people think amethyst will give you good dreams. There's no way to prove it, but there's no harm in trying :P


Epic Wonders is a small yet spacious room, unpopular but (in my opinion) essential to Jamaa. Its design is dark and mysterious, but in a cool, comforting way. C:

An idea I've had a long time for Epic Wonders is to gradually move all diamond items into it. That way, we'd have one concentrated place for "special" items. Diamond items could be integrated into the regular orbs. A couple already are, in fact:


Epic Wonders is a really cool, under-appreciated place. It's also out of the way, tucked into the side of a canyon, while the Diamond Shop is crowding up the Township. 

And with the addition of a massive Alpha HQ, I think a good decision would be to remove the Diamond Shop to free up space and encourage people to go all over Jamaa, not just lag up Jamaa Township. 

What do you think?

As this post is just about to wrap up, it's time for...

~ Creature Feature ~

Like the time I featured a toad after I featured a frog, I am going to talk about an animal similar to the previous one. I just learned of their existence today, and I am very excited to introduce you!

Here they are...


The Lumholtz tree kangaroo!

You may be more familiar with a reddish brown colored tree kangaroo. Both kinds live in the same place as their land-dwelling relatives: Australia. 

The main staples of the tree kangaroo diet are fresh fruit and leaves, both of which they collect from the trees in their habitat. In this way, if their forests are cut down, tree kangaroos are in danger of starvation.

Tree kangaroos don't have the strong jumping legs of land kangaroos, so I imagine the only reason why they are associated with kangaroos is the fact that they're both marsupials, meaning they have pouches:


They also have very long tails, which might be another reason.

Like the animal I talked about previously (the coati), tree kangaroos live in organized groups of one male and a multitude of females, but they are not as close together as coati clans. Groups of Lumholtz tree kangaroos are more like neighborhoods, as each individual has their own home within an area.

Here's a video of a wildlife rehabilitation center specializing in Lumholtz tree kangaroos:


I'm so happy I live on Earth, we live with so many other amazing animals that it's impossible to count them :')

See you in Jamaa~

~DoomyPanda

4 comments:

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^