Monday, February 19, 2018

Rediscovering Jamaa: The Hot Cocoa Hut

Hey Jammers! Isn't this odd? A post on Monday? Typically, I only post once or twice every weekend– rarely if ever on weekdays, no matter how much I want to. :O

For this coming week, I have no school! Yay!!! February break is wonderful. 

Because of that, I'm gonna try and post at least every other day until Sunday– you have my word!! ;D

If you haven't noticed already, I put a new graphic on the sidebar of the blog:


I made it out of a combination of free clip art and basic AJ graphics. Because the AJ Blogging community is not as big as the AJ side of YouTube, I thought it would be cool if we could all have a little symbol to link our blogs together in support of one another. :3

If you want, take this image and put it on the side of your blog– no credit necessary! ^-^

Now, onto the main topic of this post: underrated rooms on AJ! 


I have an ongoing poll to the right side of AJ Stream about you guys' favorite underpopulated areas in Jamaa. This is not only because I'm just generally curious, but also to help me know which rooms to focus on next. 

If you haven't seen my first Rediscovering Jamaa post, this is a series I'm doing where I tour the rooms on Animal Jam that are less popular but definitely deserving of popularity. In this way, we can bring awareness of their awesomeness and "rediscover" Jamaa together! :D

So, as of today, the most-voted favorite room is the Hot Cocoa Hut, which is exactly where we're going today!

-

You've trekked through deep snow, against icy currents of wind. The icy landscape of Mt. Shiveer has you slipping and sliding– laughing down the ice slides, and the less fun slipping-and-falling-on-your-face. 

Exhausted, you make your way toward a snow-covered tent and walk through... from cold into warmth!


The floor is cool, hardened mud, but feels significantly warmer on your paws than the ice of outside. Within the seemingly light and billowy walls of a tent, where could the source of warmth be?

Steam emanates from a chattering Hot Cocoa machine...


Alright Jammers, listen up. Go to the Hot Cocoa Machine and choose the teacup shape.


Turn it blue...


Remember to set the secret temperature dial to red...


Choose the dark chocolate hot cocoa...


Add some whipped cream... 


Choose the shredded chocolate topping, and...


Voila!!! You've just made the Spookypanda Supreme, the official drink of Animal Jam Stream. XD


The entire atmosphere of the Hot Cocoa Hut is warm and comforting, from the fluffy pillows on the ground to the orange glow of the fire. 


A fun little easter egg: the bags of cacao beans are labeled SBI. What does that stand for? Smart Bomb Interactive– the original name of WildWorks before they changed it. 

Throughout Jamaa, I'm sure you can find a few more "SBI" easter eggs like this one. If you can name just one in the comments, I'll give you a (digital, metaphorical) cookie. 


I think the Hot Cocoa Hut has some beautifully earthy design elements. There are so many lovely details, like the pot of healing(?) staffs, the shelves of teacups, and that lil vase of incense in the back. I wonder what it smells like... :3


Despite the small amount of people frequenting the Hut, its item shop is updated seasonally. For instance, right now there are a lot of Friendship Festival themed items on Clearance right now.


Maybe the lack of people at the Hot Cocoa Hut is not all that bad. A few Jammers coming and going makes it a good, non-laggy place to talk with buddies. It's so relaxing, too. Sooner or later, the sounds of the Hot Cocoa Machine will make you fall asleep... Zzz...

-

Which underrated room should we go appreciate next? Vote for your favorite on the poll on the right side of the blog! ^-^

It's coming to the end of my unusual Monday post. Do you know what that means?

It's time for...

~ Creature Feature! ~

Unlike the previous two posts, I promise today's featured critter will not be a frog or a toad. Today, we're switching it up with...


The astounding, magnificent, beautiful Dobsonfly!

The only reason I know of this insect's existence is that I had seen one last summer. I was outside with my friends when we saw one on a tree– obviously, it was very surprising! Dobsonflies are really big, especially males. We were lucky, the dobsonfly we discovered was male, with big horns and antennae like the image above.

Our dobsonfly seemed to have been resting. Thankfully, my friends shared my fascination with him, so he went unharmed. I always get scared and protective whenever I see a cool animal outside. Sometimes people hurt what they don't understand...

We have to go beyond our initial reactions to animals (and people) and look deeper, see them as individuals. 

Even if you're afraid of large insects, the truth is that the bigger the bug, the slower and more peaceful they are! 

In all my days, I have never met a bug as chill as the male dobsonfly. :)

That's all for now, Jammers. See you in Jamaa!

~DoomyPanda

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Doomy! I love that blogger graphic! ^.^

    Hmmm... SBI is also on that wooden tv, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COOORRECT!!!! *chocolate chip cookie materializes in front of Lost*

      P.S. thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lost, I love that blogger graphic as well. I shall add it to my blog! It should be the official AJ BLOGGER LOGO! Great post as always Doomy:) I enjoyed this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! I love it when you guys comment. I'm always checking for more, so even if you comment on an older post I'll definitely see it and try to respond. :)

Before you comment, of course, here are some basic things to remember:

-Don't be mean on purpose.
-Keep the comments appropriate for all ages. This is an Animal Jam blog.
-No spam, please! That means no comments just saying "buddy me im animaljam123" or "hi", just add a little more than that.
-Rants/long comments totally encouraged! You don't have to apologize for a long comment, I love reading them xD

-*NEW!* Please be safe about the personal information you share here, and on the internet in general. Just like AJ's in-game safety guidelines, don't share your real name, photos of yourself, phone number, address, email, or age. Always turn to a trusted adult if you're unsure about something.

Pretty easy rules. Nothing to stress about. As long as you follow them, you can say whatever you want!

Thanks for reading! C(o.o)D

P.S. That's a bear emoticon up there. ^